Friday, June 12, 2009

An empty poke...

I've looked. I've searched. I've read. I've mulled.

Plenty of crazy stories as always, but nothing worthy of my 'Fried Fridays' billing.

Yeah, a SC man jumped off the I-26 bridge into a river, which prompted a multitude of emergency calls about a 'suicide jumper'. Turns out the guy ran out of gas, called a friend who happened to be on the river in his boat and the driver jumped into the river and swam to his friend's boat so he could take him to get gas...

There's the California dog that took himself for a walk in a nearby park, found and ate a stash of marijuana and then returned home fully stoned. Nothing that a $1,500 vet bill for stomach pumping and a good night's rest couldn't cure...

Or the Israeli woman who is at this moment going through every garbage dump to find her mother's mattress she threw out....she intended to surprise her ma with a new bed, only to find out that her mother distrusted banks so much she stored a cool million in financial notes in her former bedding...

And the prime parking space in Boston that sold for $300,000...good ol' American excess.

Nope, I think I'll just sit this stormy week out. Yet another day ahead of atmospheric cuisinart shredding, so I'll try to get some outdoor work done in advance of all that fun.

Y'all be good now, y' hear?!


No comments: