Monday, June 29, 2009

How can you tell it's Monday?


Just observe the squirrels...

Nothin' wrong with the 'gray-body' above...a bird feeder full of fresh food and a warm summer sun (and lack of a nearby canine) made for some great vegging conditions. I can relate!

The small, new Maggie Valley show this past weekend ended up being a nice little show afterall, and worth my time. Met a lot of new faces and blew the cobwebs off of all my show equipment in successful fashion - the first show of the year is always a test of seeing what I forgot to bring, or what didn't make it into which box, or finding out that something that normally stays in location X has mysteriously moved to some other uncharted location. The afternoon storms held off, as well.

One of the more popular 'racks' was my "Recession Specials" (above, left), flutes I threw in a box 4-5 years ago because of some playing or cosmetic 'issue', or just some experimental design I was tinkering with. I didn't have the heart to toss 'em in the fireplace, and I kept thinking that one day I'll fix whatever the ailment at hand was per a particular flute. Well, I got some up and running...I've learned a few things the past few years, so it was actually fun and rather satisfying to be able to play 'doctor' and bring a few to life. Mind you, they are 'seconds' in appearance and such, and are marked down accordingly...but folks seemed to identify with the rag-tag flutes (and their price tags!).

I'd almost forgotten about the elk antler rack I made while I was out in South Dakota, after someone gave me the pair...perfect for the bahama mama flutes and walking cane flutes. I'll be working on those pictures this week as I continue to firm up the new website. At some point I'll blog about some of my other art from years past...one such piece is "Angel Dog" in the backbround: acrylic faux mosaics on wood. 'Nuther post for a 'nuther day!

Big July 4th weekend ahead...glad the heat has broken a little with a cold front that just came through. And it's time for some more neice and nephew pics as they turn 2 this Friday! Hope you have a great Monday, even if it's squirrelly!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Great squirrel pic, Bob ---- but um, uh, how can I phrase this “delicately” in a public forum … ??!! I have a feeling that she (?) was not “just” resting and sunning herself, though she might have “needed to rest” a little later!! The female squirrels in my yard do the same thing, splaying themselves on a tree limb, a fence rail, the driveway, the garage roof (!) … and not necessarily in the sun (!) … and lo and behold the male comes along a short time later!!! I don’t know which are more prolific, the rabbits or the squirrels! Watch for squirrel babies in the not-too-distant future, LOL!!! ;)

Have a good day!

Suzy :)