Thursday, June 11, 2009

'Glad' you like it....

(NOTE ~8am: I have some neat pics of raindrops on these glads I just took; I'll be editing them and posting them in their own post shortly, so check back!)

After I got home from my News 14 shift, I hit my usual 'wall' with lack of energy to start any ambitious flute (or other) project. Figured it was a good time to go shoot a few pictures of the two white gladiolas that have sprung forth in the yard. I have to stake them lest they fall over on their sides, and they have such pretty curves to them, blooming sequentially upward. Nothing more than pics you can click on to enlarge and just enjoy their beauty...








The daisies aren't far behind, and if you've never looked closely at a daisy before it opened, you're in luck!

Kinda sorta looks like some carnivorous plant getting ready to sink its fangs into something, eh?!


From the past couple of days I've also been watching a pile of sticks getting ready to bloom into branch flutes...

These I have debarked and trimmed so I can better assess their potential life as a flute, pondering where all the various parts of the flute would go over the course of days or weeks. The large pieces are Dogwood, and the smaller ones are Hickory, I think. Just dead sticks and trunks they were...nice little pile of Cracker Jack boxes for later!



No comments: