Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hard to swallow...


Unless you are one....


(click on pics to enlarge)

Cute little bugger I captured, this Barn Swallow perching on metal pilings. Potential flute carving perhaps?....

------------------------------------

By virtue of knowing ahead of time I probably won't have enough time to tackle my weekly 'Fried Fridays' foray tomorrow, I'll pass this week and simply give the golden fryer award in advance to South Carolina governor Sanford...not for his affair coming out yesterday so much as for the 3-ring media circus his staffers and aides had to create in the spirit of a really bad Keystone Cops movie. Guess I can't blame them too much for confusing the Appalachian Trail with Buenos Aires, Argentina...

(cue the crickets chirping...)

And now with a follow-up to the summer art show scramble from the previous post...

Well, let's just say I made a particularly good move in emailing an artist I've never met whose website indicated she was really involved with regional shows in the mountains...lo and behold I got hooked up with a small, new, but apparently quality art show in Maggie Valley of all places...starting SATURDAY! YIKES! When I got in touch with the organizer she had received a vendor cancellation just 5 minutes before my phone call...a bit of serendipity, and with the very affordable fee I've got nothing to lose.

However, I now have EVERYthing to gather together quickly. Hence, I'm hitting the ground running today and trying to think ahead as much as possible. There is a boat-load of stuff to take care of beyond the tent, tables, tablecloths, and racks, especially with this being the first tented show this year. Weather looks fine if not downright hot for the mountains this weekend...near 90. I'm in space #10 which is nice and shaded...I'll take it!

Onward and upward. Lemonade from lemons. Flutes from sticks...hey, there's an idea!...



1 comment:

Suzy said...

Great pics! The frontal-view, "face-shot" of that swallow reminds me a lot of the famed "Mad Bluebird" pic I see so often!

Suzy :)