Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Fasten Your Seat Belts..."

This pony ride is about to turn into a rodeo. Winter Storm Warnings have now supplanted the Watch area, which is all of the Triad, down through Charlotte and into the Upstate of SC, even NE Georgia...but not Raleigh, where enough rain will mix in to keep them in 'advisory' criteria. Yesterday's paintbrush of Greensboro and Winston-Salem being in the 1-3" category of snow/sleet, with 'icing on the cake' , and 3-4" up into the NW corner of the Triad, I-77 corridor still holds water at the moment...ok, I guess the pun was intended.
Quick test, totally off the subject...this picture 'hit' me as I made my tea this morning. What is wrong with this picture?
Give up? The big sticker on the package. You can't kill something that is not 'alive.' A virus is not a living thing, technically...it does not metabolize nor does it reproduce...it has a host cell do the replication. Marketing ploys...geeeesh. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog...

Yep, been watching this unfolding wintry scenario like a hawk...speaking of which, here is a pic of the female Red-Tail I often photograph, from just a couple of days ago...giving me a nice back-side view of her feathers and a glimpse of those gorgeous russet namesake tail feathers...

(click to enlarge if you'd like...)
Just wish my weather vision were as good as her mousing vision! She's fluffed and ready to go...

Lots o' precipitation is heading up the pike from Atlanta this morning, and all the warnings and expected timing/accumulations/troubles appear to be pretty much on track. The freezing rain component will be the kicker that makes this a real traveler's sticky wicket. Already this morning Delta had canceled over 200 flights out of Atlanta's Hartsfield airport.

My hands will be pretty full for today, so I doubt I'll update this post unless I get some neat shots later this afternoon. Have a good 'un, y'all.


No comments: