Friday, February 23, 2007


This picture pretty much says it all....


Here in the wee hours of Friday morning, it has become apparent that my usual "reaching into my blogger hat to pull out a blogger rabbit" just ain't gonna happen, at least for now.

This week has had some entertaining and humorous posts, so if you haven't read back a few days you might like to. All pictures from He Wakinyan Hohpi in the Black Hills of South Dakota should now enlarge, if you had tried that day and couldn't get them to do so. What I'd give to be escaping there now!

Too, I'm thinking that one day a week I'll post such a travelogue for your viewing pleasure, though I don't plan on it being one particular day. Will the next one be from the Badlands? Roosevelt National Park? Slim Buttes? Toadstool Geologic Park? The Wyoming Bighorns? Stay tuned!

Have a good weekend...time for me to turn my attention to weather concerns...Sunday's storm system may not be so raucus in the Triad, but the overall system may well be making news headlines with snow and ice well to the north and likely severe storms to well to the south...hmmm...

On that note, I leave you with my exit pic I nabbed earlier this week of a very good Friend of mine...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

today's post was very good. Everyone has moments where they can't think of anything to say, or in your case, write down.

Bob Child said...

Yep...not that I don't have things I could write about...heaven knows I could have EASILY gone off on the whole insipid Anna Nicole Smith topic, for example...just not fully led intuitively to do so! I reckon we just all need to take a breather now and then, eh?!

Anonymous said...

Nothing left in the pockets, nothing left in the tank ..... drained. Ditto. For some reason, this week has taken a lot out of me too, and a lot of other people I've been talking to.
And I know first-hand how difficult it can be to produce something creative on a regular basis. I applaud your efforts and abilities!

A travelogue every week or two is a wonderful idea! I so enjoyed the one from this week!

And glad to see the redtail hawk is back in the area --- or at least seeking what's left of his/her ravaged homeland. The hawk's return is kind of a deserved "slap in the face" to the developers! :)

Suzy

Bob Child said...

Just got back from the ravaged area...gee, they took all the trees and now they're gone, leaving behind a wasteland of scrap timber in semi-piles all around...haven't been there in 4 days, now...was this just a timber sale? I smell an update post to this next week! Sorry you have nasty weather this weekend!!! :-(